The Children of Henry and Elizabeth (Burris) Branscomb
Family records (from Maude Branscomb) show eleven children for Henry and Elizabeth, all of whom are accounted for in the censuses, although three of the females (Malinda, Charlotte and Anna) are not named in the censuses as children. The list that follows does not take into account the male aged 5-10 years shown in the 1830 census. The first four were born in Kentucky, the remainder in Missouri. The children:
- Malinda Branscomb, b. ca. 1828; md. David Vestal
- Charlotte Branscomb, b. 8 July 1831; md. William Vestal
- John Harrison Branscomb, b. 23 February 1834; md. Sarah Ann Brown
- Asa Martin Branscomb, b. ca. 1836, md. Nancy Followell
- William P. Branscomb, b. 6 October 1838; md. Emily Myers
- Thomas M. Branscomb, b. December 1842; md. Martha Elizabeth ___
- Daniel Travis Branscomb, b. 23 July 1845; md. (1) Sarah Houghton, (2) Martha McFarland, (3) Henrietta Houghton (Stockton)
- Barbara Elizabeth Branscomb, b. 20 February 1847 or 1848; md. John Lancaster Collins
- Henry Will Branscomb, b. 17 October 1851; md. Susan Frances Snedigar
- George Riley Branscomb, b. 1 April 1854; md. Helen Catherine Beerbower
- Virginia Anna Branscomb, b. ca.1856 (December?); md. James Monroe Lewis
References for pages related to the children of Henry and Elizabeth Branscomb:
Bork, June Baldwin -- Wayne County, Kentucky, marriages and Vital Records, 1801-1860. Volumes 1-5. Huntington Beach, Calif.: Published by the author, 1972-1978.
Nutter, Mildred Moody -- Marriages of Wayne County, Kentucky. 1800-1860. Rushville, Ind.: published by the author,1972.
Phillips, Sarah L.-- Putnam County, Missouri, Estate Records, 1845-1909. (1989)
-- Putnam County, Missouri, Cemeteries, Volumes A and B. (1990).
(for both:) Kirksville, Mo.: Simpson Printing Co. Available from the author at 2120 Garfield, Unionville, Mo. 63565. Marjorie Warren lent me her copies.
Henry Branscomb, son of John and Olive E. Branscomb
Elizabeth Burris, wife of Henry
Frederick B. Tubbs
Permission is granted to
make copies of information on this Web site for personal (non-commercial)
use only, and only with the provision that you include all the caveats
expressed by the author.
I have relied upon competent
and dedicated colleagues who provided census data, information from county
records, correspondence, and other sources. We have worked closely to
assure that the content on this Web site is as free from error as we can
We will be glad to hear from anyone who can
provide firm evidence to correct any error. Please see the contacts
page for a list of individuals responsible for maintaining accurate
information on the various family branches.